May 24 2013 Latest news:
Friday, March 1, 2013
A SERIES of events are being held to help residents stay safe.
The events, organised by Uttlesford District Council with support from Essex Police and Essex County Fire & Rescue Service provide fun, interactive advice on how to stay safe.
The sessions include presentations on subjects such as fire safety, abuse awareness, armchair exercise, bogus callers and safety in the home.
There is a quiz with a prize for the winner, free giveaways are handed out to all participants and lunch will be provided at the end of each event.
Entry to the events is free but places must be booked in advance. To book your place, please call the relevant Day Centre direct.
Sessions start at 10.30am and finish after lunch at 1.30pm. They will be held at the following day centres across the district:
• Tuesday March 12 – Stansted Day Centre, 72 Chapel Hill, Crafton Green (Tel: 01279 815091)
• Thursday March 14 - Great Dunmow Day Centre, Chequers Lane (Tel: 01371-872874)
• Thursday March 21 – Thaxted Day Centre, Vicarage Mead (Tel: 01371 830094)
• Friday March 22 - Takeley Day Centre, South Road (Tel: 01279-871198)
• Wednesday March 27 – Saffron Walden Day Centre, 3 Hill Street (Tel: 01799 522772)
Tenant participation officer Nicole Shephard-Lewis, who is co-ordinating the events, said: “I would like to thank all our partners, including Age UK, the Papworth Trust and Trading Standards for their support and input into these events.
“I hope as many over 55s as possible come along so they can pick up some great advice to help keep them safe.”