Two people have been taken to hospital after suspected chemical inhalation at Hertfordshire school

13:29 28 February 2014

Two parents have been taken to hospital after complaints of bronchial inflammation due to suspected chemical inhalation.

The ambulance service was called to an incident at around 11.15am today (February 28) at St Mary’s Catholic School, in Bishops Stortford after receiving up to 33 reports.

The Trust has a number of resources on scene including the hazardous area response team, two paramedic response cars, two ambulance officers, an ambulance and a community first responder.

The first response was on scene in five minutes with an ambulance being on scene within nine minutes. Two patients have been taken to hospital – two adults both with minor conditions.

Officers are currently treating those who are still at the scene, with seven patients with minor complaints.

0 comments

More news stories

Defibrillator box. Picture: Steve Williams.

Thaxted’s fire crew have been praised for their heroic actions when they helped save a woman’s life during their fire station open day on Saturday, May 30.

Yesterday, 15:00
A road is blocked due to a fallen tree. Picture: HELEN DRAKE

Weather forecasters are warning of strong winds across Essex and Cambridgeshire later on today (Monday).

Yesterday, 09:33

A number of shops in Saffron Walden were flooded over Saturday night after a fire broke out in a flat above.

Sunday, May 31, 2015
Debden Nepal fundraising

Generous primary school children organised a week of fundraising to help generate funds for people affected by the recent earthquakes in Nepal.

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Saffron Walden Reporter e-edition today E-edition

Most read stories