May 23 2013 Latest news:
Sunday, October 14, 2012
UTTLESFORD Citizens Advice Bureau is running a design competition to encourage youth awareness of its services.
The charity received more than 11,000 calls and visits last year – and it now wants to reach more young people in the district and is hoping the competition, which is open to 15 to 21 year-olds, will do that.
It is billed as “an exciting opportunity for young designers to showcase their skills” and is sponsored by RWD Magazine, the largest magazine on youth music and lifestyle in the UK, and Saffron Screen.
The brief is to create a film or poster which will encourage youth awareness of the CAB.
There are £500 worth of goodies to be won, free tickets for Saffron Screen and two days work experience at RWD Magazine. The winning poster will have a wide distribution and the winning film will be showcased at both Saffron Screen and on RWD.com.
A judging panel will consist of representatives from the magazine, cinema and charity, as well as a young person.
Kate Robson, manager of Uttlesford CAB, hailed the competition as “an opportunity which will really excite young designers”.
“Many young people do phone us, e-mail or drop in to get advice and we have trained a number of younger volunteers in the bureau. We also have a dedicated youth page on our new website with links to some of the best sources of advice on the net, as well as organisations and services that are readily available,” she said.
“But recent cuts in targeted youth advice in Uttlesford have given rise to the need to build CAB awareness in the 15-21 age group.”
For further information visit uttlesfordcab.org.uk/news
Competition queries should be sent to email@example.com
• There are two categories: film and poster
• The competition is open to 15-21 year olds only
• Entrants must be residents of Uttlesford or South Cambridgeshire or in education, training or work in those areas
• Only one entry is allowed per person/team in each category
• The poster should be A4 in size
• The duration of the film must not exceed 90 seconds, including titles and credits
• Teams must be no larger than three people
• The deadline for entries is Friday December 7