1000 missions completed for Essex Air Ambulance paramedic
A LONG-STANDING paramedic with the Essex Air Ambulance has soared through his 1000th mission.
Laurie Phillipson, who grew up in Saffron Walden, passed the impressive milestone last month after eight years dedicated service with the air ambulance.
Mr Phillipson said: “I feel extremely fortunate to have been a part of the Essex Air Ambulance crew for so long. I’ve flown with 36 different pilots and spent over 400 flying hours attending missions.”
Mr Phillipson joined the service in 1998 and fulfilled his long-held ambition of becoming a paramedic with the air ambulance in 2002. During that time he has touched the lives of many individuals and helped hundreds of people throughout Essex when they needed it most.
“The service has evolved a great deal since I started - the level and quality of care that is brought to critically ill and injured patients by our team of expert doctors and specially trained paramedics has never been better,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“No matter where we fly I am always overwhelmed by the huge support that exists for the service. The Essex community has good reason to feel proud of their flying, life-saving asset and their support to keep it saving lives across the county is needed now more than ever.”
Commenting on Mr Phillpson’s achievement, operations director for Essex and Herts Air Ambulance Trust, Cliff Gale, said: “We are all really proud of Laurie, he is a true asset to the charity.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 4 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital