A cost to the bad design
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design. For example, social housing always has the lea
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends' School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design.
For example, social housing always has the least money spent on it, which results in skimped detailing and bland frontage, yet this will be the face of this development that the town sees, fronting the development as it does on Debden Road.
Addressing issues such as this at the proposed Friends' School site would have appeased its detractors and improved the quality of life for future residents. The school does need to raise money, but there is a cost to bad design.
We ask that the school truly consult and work with their local community to do the right thing for Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
Mount Pleasant Road
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections