A cost to the bad design
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design. For example, social housing always has the lea
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends' School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design.
For example, social housing always has the least money spent on it, which results in skimped detailing and bland frontage, yet this will be the face of this development that the town sees, fronting the development as it does on Debden Road.
Addressing issues such as this at the proposed Friends' School site would have appeased its detractors and improved the quality of life for future residents. The school does need to raise money, but there is a cost to bad design.
We ask that the school truly consult and work with their local community to do the right thing for Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
Mount Pleasant Road
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 3 District council urged to cancel investment
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 6 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 9 MP responds to HuffPost Twitter row
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors