A cost to the bad design
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design. For example, social housing always has the lea
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends' School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design.
For example, social housing always has the least money spent on it, which results in skimped detailing and bland frontage, yet this will be the face of this development that the town sees, fronting the development as it does on Debden Road.
Addressing issues such as this at the proposed Friends' School site would have appeased its detractors and improved the quality of life for future residents. The school does need to raise money, but there is a cost to bad design.
We ask that the school truly consult and work with their local community to do the right thing for Saffron Walden.
You may also want to watch:
Mount Pleasant Road
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners