A cost to the bad design
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design. For example, social housing always has the lea
There are many people in the wider community of Saffron Walden who are concerned that the Friends' School development will have an unnecessary and negative impact on the local environment due to poor design.
For example, social housing always has the least money spent on it, which results in skimped detailing and bland frontage, yet this will be the face of this development that the town sees, fronting the development as it does on Debden Road.
Addressing issues such as this at the proposed Friends' School site would have appeased its detractors and improved the quality of life for future residents. The school does need to raise money, but there is a cost to bad design.
We ask that the school truly consult and work with their local community to do the right thing for Saffron Walden.
Mount Pleasant Road
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 5 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 6 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 10 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries