A silent rule
IT S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it s a beautiful day outside yet we can t go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm). I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with re
IT'S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day outside yet we can't go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm).
I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with reflux, which means I have between four to six loads of washing to do a day. It's so ridiculous that I have to have the tumble dryer on in this lovely weather.
Unfortunately there are no rules in our district with regard to bonfires. I know it is impossible to go round everyone's house to let them know you are having one.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'silent rule' that you only had one after say 5pm. That way my washing wouldn't be on the line!
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden