A silent rule
IT S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it s a beautiful day outside yet we can t go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm). I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with re
IT'S 10am on Sunday morning, the sun is shining, it's a beautiful day outside yet we can't go out into the garden because my neighbour is having another bonfire (the last one was Friday at 2.30pm).
I am a mum of five, one being a tiny baby and two with reflux, which means I have between four to six loads of washing to do a day. It's so ridiculous that I have to have the tumble dryer on in this lovely weather.
Unfortunately there are no rules in our district with regard to bonfires. I know it is impossible to go round everyone's house to let them know you are having one.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a 'silent rule' that you only had one after say 5pm. That way my washing wouldn't be on the line!
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays