Action must happen now
WE LIVE in Newbiggen Street, Thaxted, and agree entirely with Mr Streeter (Postbag, July 27) when he says that the speeding situation is an accident waiting to happen. In fact, accidents have already happened. Last year for example a young man speeding
WE LIVE in Newbiggen Street, Thaxted, and agree entirely with Mr Streeter (Postbag, July 27) when he says that the speeding situation is 'an accident waiting to happen.'
In fact, accidents have already happened. Last year for example a young man speeding at 7am one morning ended up on his roof in front of our house, having lost control and bounced off three other vehicles.
He was doing at least 60mph and had this occurred later, when more people were on their way to work and children going to school, someone could easily have been killed.
Mr Streeter is also correct to emphasise the noise pollution. In the six years we have lived here, we have noticed an increase in what often seems like the deliberate revving of huge car and motorbike exhaust pipes. It is much too late to simply assess the levels of speeding and sound pollution. The situation is already desperate. Action must be taken now.
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing