As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport s expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write. I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in
As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport's expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write.
I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in Walthamstow, via Epping, Harlow, Sawbridgeworth, Bishop's Stortford, Ugley, Quendon and Newport.
So I recently attended a Stansted Airport Expansion consultation at Elsenham and could not believe how many people were in favour. Make no mistake about it - after the expansion, next will be the joining up of villages such as Ugley, Quendon, Henham, Widdington, Clavering, Berden, Furneux Pelham, Brent Pelham, Langley, Wicken Bonhunt, Arkesden etc into two or three main towns.
These could be called Bishop's Stortford North or Saffron Walden South. There are expansion plans for north Harlow, near Hunsdon stretching to Sawbridgeworth.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody needs to write to the Prime Minister to put your case against it.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'