As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport s expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write. I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in
As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport's expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write.
I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in Walthamstow, via Epping, Harlow, Sawbridgeworth, Bishop's Stortford, Ugley, Quendon and Newport.
So I recently attended a Stansted Airport Expansion consultation at Elsenham and could not believe how many people were in favour. Make no mistake about it - after the expansion, next will be the joining up of villages such as Ugley, Quendon, Henham, Widdington, Clavering, Berden, Furneux Pelham, Brent Pelham, Langley, Wicken Bonhunt, Arkesden etc into two or three main towns.
These could be called Bishop's Stortford North or Saffron Walden South. There are expansion plans for north Harlow, near Hunsdon stretching to Sawbridgeworth.
Everybody needs to write to the Prime Minister to put your case against it.
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 School activities and sports in pictures
- 5 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 8 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 9 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford