As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport s expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write. I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in
As far as I am aware I am in no way affected by Stansted Airport's expansion, but as I have visited the area both by car and, when I was a child, by cycle I feel compelled to write.
I was 10 years old when I first cycled to Saffron Walden from my home in Walthamstow, via Epping, Harlow, Sawbridgeworth, Bishop's Stortford, Ugley, Quendon and Newport.
So I recently attended a Stansted Airport Expansion consultation at Elsenham and could not believe how many people were in favour. Make no mistake about it - after the expansion, next will be the joining up of villages such as Ugley, Quendon, Henham, Widdington, Clavering, Berden, Furneux Pelham, Brent Pelham, Langley, Wicken Bonhunt, Arkesden etc into two or three main towns.
These could be called Bishop's Stortford North or Saffron Walden South. There are expansion plans for north Harlow, near Hunsdon stretching to Sawbridgeworth.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody needs to write to the Prime Minister to put your case against it.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout