Audley End House Snowdrops this weekend
FLOWERS will be in bloom at Audley End House this weekend and the next as the Snowdrops come out to play.
On February 5/6 and 12/13, the picturesque spectacle on show will be one of the best in the region and on these days the stable and service wing will also be open to the public.
The house itself does not re-open until April but from February 16, for five days a week, the gardens, stables and service wings will all be open.
Events manager Lucy Hutchings said: “After the long and severe winter we have just experienced, it is really wonderful to see these beautiful flowers once more.
“We always receive so many visitors at this time of year – everyone is keen to put the winter behind them and the snowdrops are a great signifier of the start of summer.
You may also want to watch:
Prices – English Heritage members free, adults �8.30, Children �4.20, concessions �7.10 and a family ticket is �20.80.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor