BAA must be accountable
Frankly I m amazed BAA Stansted has cried off from attending the Public Examination Meeting arranged by Uttlesford District Council concerning maximum runway use. This would have given them another opportunity to explain their thinking and plans to the co
Frankly I'm amazed BAA Stansted has cried off from attending the Public Examination Meeting arranged by Uttlesford District Council concerning maximum runway use. This would have given them another opportunity to explain their thinking and plans to the community who are and will increasingly be affected by the airport.
BAA's Plane Talk says, "Our Community - Our Responsibility Too", they have demonstrated again they are not prepared to explain themselves.
If it is "Our Responsibility Too" BAA must stand up and be accountable. Clearly they lack confidence.
BAA, there are many who would like to believe aviation growth is good for them; planes are not noisy; road traffic will not increase beyond road capacity; the struggling railway system will be able to handle the increased airport passengers without causing regular rail users more inconvenience. But the community needs to be convinced through your plans being questioned by knowledgeable groups in our community.
You may also want to watch:
Personally I'm even more convinced airport growth is not sustainable and wrong for the future.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?