I CANNOT allow Cllr Morson to get away with the allegation in his recent letter that Conservative councillors complaints about the wheelie bin scheme are cynical on the grounds that Conservative councils elsewhere have introduced similar schemes. Everybo
I CANNOT allow Cllr Morson to get away with the allegation in his recent letter that Conservative councillors' complaints about the wheelie bin scheme are cynical on the grounds that Conservative councils elsewhere have introduced similar schemes.
Everybody is trying to introduce schemes, which deal more efficiently with waste disposal. However in Uttlesford there has been a multitude of complaints about the methodology chosen and the lack of a sufficiently rigorous analysis beforehand.
The National Audit Commission which assesses waste management of all district councils carried out an audit of Uttlesford's scheme. Among a number of criticisms there are two which stand out:
"The council lacks a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to consultation and there was no public consultation on the new waste management strategy". And secondly "the service can't demonstrate a consistent approach to value for money."
These criticisms of the LibDem management of our affairs make disturbing reading for all ratepayers. Is Cllr Morson going to accuse the Audit Commission of being cynical too?
Cllr Robert Chambers
- 1 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 2 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 3 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
Essex County Council