I CANNOT allow Cllr Morson to get away with the allegation in his recent letter that Conservative councillors complaints about the wheelie bin scheme are cynical on the grounds that Conservative councils elsewhere have introduced similar schemes. Everybo
I CANNOT allow Cllr Morson to get away with the allegation in his recent letter that Conservative councillors' complaints about the wheelie bin scheme are cynical on the grounds that Conservative councils elsewhere have introduced similar schemes.
Everybody is trying to introduce schemes, which deal more efficiently with waste disposal. However in Uttlesford there has been a multitude of complaints about the methodology chosen and the lack of a sufficiently rigorous analysis beforehand.
The National Audit Commission which assesses waste management of all district councils carried out an audit of Uttlesford's scheme. Among a number of criticisms there are two which stand out:
"The council lacks a cohesive and co-ordinated approach to consultation and there was no public consultation on the new waste management strategy". And secondly "the service can't demonstrate a consistent approach to value for money."
You may also want to watch:
These criticisms of the LibDem management of our affairs make disturbing reading for all ratepayers. Is Cllr Morson going to accuse the Audit Commission of being cynical too?
Cllr Robert Chambers
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Essex County Council