Burgled while they slept
I WRITE in response to the Shedding Light letter in your paper dated June 19. I would like the writer of this obnoxious letter to know that I have signed the streetlights petition and would sign another 100 petitions if I thought it would go any way to
I WRITE in response to the "Shedding Light" letter in your paper dated June 19.
I would like the writer of this obnoxious letter to know that I have signed the streetlights petition and would sign another 100 petitions if I thought it would go any way to help bring peace of mind to my daughter and her boyfriend after they were burgled in April.
Yes, Mr Name and Address Supplied, they were tucked up in their own bed when someone decided to invade their house and I would like to think having street lights on may have gone some way to deter the burglar.
Do you know how dark it is at 4am in April, especially when the police are looking for someone in the dark?
You may also want to watch:
Do you know what it is like to have a phone call from a member of your family to tell you they have been burgled while they were sleeping?
They are two hardworking young people, minding their own business and the whole experience has left them extremely traumatised. It's not gangs of hoodies we should be afraid of, just mean thieves who are up to no good. I find the remarks about some forms of entertainment in Saffron Walden very facetious and I object to being called 'soft' for living in a town.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 3 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 8 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Hoorah, you live in a village, that is your choice. Do you want a medal?
Despite everything I still think Saffron Walden is a safe place to live.
I hope something like this never happens to you or a member of your family, but then you may realise why we want the street lights back on.
Never mind about the stars, bring back the street lights, the sooner the better.
Name and address supplied