Calls for sign
IT BEGGARS belief that Highways and Government can anticipate finding millions of pounds with which to create new highway to service Stansted Airport (which will instantly fill up with traffic, and pollution where before there was none). A parish like Li
IT BEGGARS belief that Highways and Government can anticipate finding millions of pounds with which to create new highway to service Stansted Airport (which will instantly fill up with traffic, and pollution where before there was none).
A parish like Littlebury however, must wait for years to acquire just one Vehicle Activated Sign (it all costs so much money) and have just lost yet another bus service.
We learn from this that only the flying public are perceived to have needs while the elderly who may not have their own vehicles, or children who live just within the prescribed distance for walking to school and may not therefore be entitled to a seat on the school bus (particularly if they are not of a particular religion) must wait forever for their simple and rather ordinary public transport needs to be met.
Could it be that a project is only interesting and worth having money thrown at it if it is a really big, showy one, while the minnows are just not worth bothering about?
Because it's apparent, after all, that the money is no problem. And neither of course is the dereliction of our environment.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation