Calls for sign
IT BEGGARS belief that Highways and Government can anticipate finding millions of pounds with which to create new highway to service Stansted Airport (which will instantly fill up with traffic, and pollution where before there was none). A parish like Li
IT BEGGARS belief that Highways and Government can anticipate finding millions of pounds with which to create new highway to service Stansted Airport (which will instantly fill up with traffic, and pollution where before there was none).
A parish like Littlebury however, must wait for years to acquire just one Vehicle Activated Sign (it all costs so much money) and have just lost yet another bus service.
We learn from this that only the flying public are perceived to have needs while the elderly who may not have their own vehicles, or children who live just within the prescribed distance for walking to school and may not therefore be entitled to a seat on the school bus (particularly if they are not of a particular religion) must wait forever for their simple and rather ordinary public transport needs to be met.
Could it be that a project is only interesting and worth having money thrown at it if it is a really big, showy one, while the minnows are just not worth bothering about?
You may also want to watch:
Because it's apparent, after all, that the money is no problem. And neither of course is the dereliction of our environment.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'