I WOULD really like to know what is being made from the recyclable plastic and card that Uttlesford collects. I ve heard several people say that it is not recycled at all. This would confirm a TV programme I saw in December 2005. This sited an Essex coun
I WOULD really like to know what is being made from the recyclable plastic and card that Uttlesford collects. I've heard several people say that it is not recycled at all.
This would confirm a TV programme I saw in December 2005. This sited an Essex council using contractors to crate up the card and plastic and ship it to Indonesia as landfill.
Shortly after, in January 2006, I wrote to Cllr Thawley and e-mailed the recycling officer to seek assurance that Uttlesford was not doing this. I never received any reply so I wrote to Cllr Thawley again in September. Still no reply.
It seems that it cannot be confirmed that the recycling of plastic and card is anything other than landfill in another part of the world. How many readers think that is what recycling means?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout