‘Chocolate biscuit donation to Salvation Army was so very kind’
- Credit: Archant
We would like to say a big thank you to John and Nila who run the Nisa store in Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden.
They have kindly donated 60 boxes of chocolate biscuits to the Salvation Army, to be used at the Christmas Day meal and party which we hold every year for people who would otherwise be on their own.
This kind gift has come out of there own pockets which we think is so very kind, especially in these times of cutbacks.
We did not ask them to do this, but John said they wanted to help as Christmas is a time to help others.
So a huge thank you from all who will receive their gift.
You may also want to watch:
Salvation Army community care officer
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40