‘Chocolate biscuit donation to Salvation Army was so very kind’
- Credit: Archant
We would like to say a big thank you to John and Nila who run the Nisa store in Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden.
They have kindly donated 60 boxes of chocolate biscuits to the Salvation Army, to be used at the Christmas Day meal and party which we hold every year for people who would otherwise be on their own.
This kind gift has come out of there own pockets which we think is so very kind, especially in these times of cutbacks.
We did not ask them to do this, but John said they wanted to help as Christmas is a time to help others.
So a huge thank you from all who will receive their gift.
You may also want to watch:
Salvation Army community care officer
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 9 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 10 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free