‘Chocolate biscuit donation to Salvation Army was so very kind’
- Credit: Archant
We would like to say a big thank you to John and Nila who run the Nisa store in Cromwell Road, Saffron Walden.
They have kindly donated 60 boxes of chocolate biscuits to the Salvation Army, to be used at the Christmas Day meal and party which we hold every year for people who would otherwise be on their own.
This kind gift has come out of there own pockets which we think is so very kind, especially in these times of cutbacks.
We did not ask them to do this, but John said they wanted to help as Christmas is a time to help others.
So a huge thank you from all who will receive their gift.
You may also want to watch:
Salvation Army community care officer
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'