Closer controls needed
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford s financial management. There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers. In 2003 the council paid
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford's financial management.
There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers.
In 2003 the council paid nearly £38,000 to a company MXC Communications in France. No one knows how this money was spent.
It is possible that it has some connection with Stop Stansted Expansion but the SSE's campaign director has stated that SSE does not receive any money from UDC. Where has the money gone?
You may also want to watch:
One item listed is £9000 for the printing and distribution of a community leaflet to which the council contributed £5000. How the cost of printing and distributing a leaflet can come to £9000 beats all imagination.
Some answers are needed to justify where and how this money has been spent, why closer control was not exercised when it was authorised and to make sure that this kind of waste is not to be repeated in the future.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
Cliff Bishop, Elsenham