Closer controls needed
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford s financial management. There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers. In 2003 the council paid
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford's financial management.
There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers.
In 2003 the council paid nearly £38,000 to a company MXC Communications in France. No one knows how this money was spent.
It is possible that it has some connection with Stop Stansted Expansion but the SSE's campaign director has stated that SSE does not receive any money from UDC. Where has the money gone?
You may also want to watch:
One item listed is £9000 for the printing and distribution of a community leaflet to which the council contributed £5000. How the cost of printing and distributing a leaflet can come to £9000 beats all imagination.
Some answers are needed to justify where and how this money has been spent, why closer control was not exercised when it was authorised and to make sure that this kind of waste is not to be repeated in the future.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 9 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 10 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
Cliff Bishop, Elsenham