Closer controls needed
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford s financial management. There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers. In 2003 the council paid
Thank you Geoff Riley (Reporter, October 30) for informing us of the scathing criticism of Uttlesford's financial management.
There are others who, like Mr Riley, have been watching what has gone on and are seeking some answers.
In 2003 the council paid nearly £38,000 to a company MXC Communications in France. No one knows how this money was spent.
It is possible that it has some connection with Stop Stansted Expansion but the SSE's campaign director has stated that SSE does not receive any money from UDC. Where has the money gone?
One item listed is £9000 for the printing and distribution of a community leaflet to which the council contributed £5000. How the cost of printing and distributing a leaflet can come to £9000 beats all imagination.
Some answers are needed to justify where and how this money has been spent, why closer control was not exercised when it was authorised and to make sure that this kind of waste is not to be repeated in the future.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 5 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
Cliff Bishop, Elsenham