Council can paint lines
YOUR mind-boggling front page headline, Double Parking is Putting Lives at Risk on August 3, was startling in the extreme. If the problem is so widespread that it necessitates a dire threat from both the police and the fire service, surely, rather than ye
YOUR mind-boggling front page headline, Double Parking is Putting Lives at Risk on August 3, was startling in the extreme.
If the problem is so widespread that it necessitates a dire threat from both the police and the fire service, surely, rather than yet again put the blame on the perpetually victimised and harassed motorist, why not get Essex County Council's highways department to simply paint double yellow lines along the entire length of Borough Lane and the problem will be solved.
Incidentally, the term 'double parking' refers to a vehicle drawing up alongside one already parked, making it impossible for the first motorist to draw away. And, of course, is an offence. It does not refer to vehicles parking on opposite sides of a totally unrestricted road.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end