Council can paint lines
YOUR mind-boggling front page headline, Double Parking is Putting Lives at Risk on August 3, was startling in the extreme. If the problem is so widespread that it necessitates a dire threat from both the police and the fire service, surely, rather than ye
YOUR mind-boggling front page headline, Double Parking is Putting Lives at Risk on August 3, was startling in the extreme.
If the problem is so widespread that it necessitates a dire threat from both the police and the fire service, surely, rather than yet again put the blame on the perpetually victimised and harassed motorist, why not get Essex County Council's highways department to simply paint double yellow lines along the entire length of Borough Lane and the problem will be solved.
Incidentally, the term 'double parking' refers to a vehicle drawing up alongside one already parked, making it impossible for the first motorist to draw away. And, of course, is an offence. It does not refer to vehicles parking on opposite sides of a totally unrestricted road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 7 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 8 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?