WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection. Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for wh
WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection.
Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for which we pay property tax.
The mechanism for this is through so called 'Compliance Officers' who work for an unelected unaccountable government Quango which forces councils to dance the Government tune.
One wonders if the only function of an elected council is to take the flack for central government.
You may also want to watch:
All this is in the name of environmentalism the claims of which are frequently the subject of questioning.
What is notable is that no discussion is allowed and matters are steamrollered through on the basis that only environmentalists know the truth. All this suggests the concealment of very shaky foundations.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
It is high time that environmentalists answered the many reasoned criticism, often by very highly qualified people, and proved their claims against examination instead of using them to cover revenue raising activities.