WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection. Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for wh
WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection.
Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for which we pay property tax.
The mechanism for this is through so called 'Compliance Officers' who work for an unelected unaccountable government Quango which forces councils to dance the Government tune.
One wonders if the only function of an elected council is to take the flack for central government.
You may also want to watch:
All this is in the name of environmentalism the claims of which are frequently the subject of questioning.
What is notable is that no discussion is allowed and matters are steamrollered through on the basis that only environmentalists know the truth. All this suggests the concealment of very shaky foundations.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
It is high time that environmentalists answered the many reasoned criticism, often by very highly qualified people, and proved their claims against examination instead of using them to cover revenue raising activities.