WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection. Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for wh
WHILE councillors may, in all truth, not have plans to charge for rubbish the game has been given away by David Miliband who has signalled his intention to make councils charge for rubbish collection.
Thus he will remove one of the basic functions for which we pay property tax.
The mechanism for this is through so called 'Compliance Officers' who work for an unelected unaccountable government Quango which forces councils to dance the Government tune.
One wonders if the only function of an elected council is to take the flack for central government.
You may also want to watch:
All this is in the name of environmentalism the claims of which are frequently the subject of questioning.
What is notable is that no discussion is allowed and matters are steamrollered through on the basis that only environmentalists know the truth. All this suggests the concealment of very shaky foundations.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
It is high time that environmentalists answered the many reasoned criticism, often by very highly qualified people, and proved their claims against examination instead of using them to cover revenue raising activities.