THE letter from Messrs. Gayler and Jones is breathtaking in its hypocrisy. I am surprised that Stephen Jones has let himself get sucked into such a political farce. To suggest that a two per cent tax increase was planned since last summer is nonsense. If
THE letter from Messrs. Gayler and Jones is breathtaking in its hypocrisy. I am surprised that Stephen Jones has let himself get sucked into such a political farce.
To suggest that a two per cent tax increase was planned since last summer is nonsense. If so officers of the Council, Councillors and the Area Panels were deliberately misled. This is clearly not behaviour of a properly organised administration.
The facts are simple. All the planning and paperwork were based on 4.5 per cent.
Uttlesford Council has overspent by a million pounds in two years.
You may also want to watch:
The Reserves are shrinking rapidly and could disappear this year.
Last March the Audit Commission raised many questions about the council's financial competence. The fear is that Uttlesford could be in debt unless proper financial planning is put in place. We must act before it is too late.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival