Councillors wrong over circus
I, TOO, am very angry that Saffron Walden Town councillors have refused to ban these cruel, immoral and disgusting circuses. All the evidence that I have seen demonstrates that animals only perform circus tricks when faced with immense acts of cruelty. To
I, TOO, am very angry that Saffron Walden Town councillors have refused to ban these cruel, immoral and disgusting circuses.
All the evidence that I have seen demonstrates that animals only perform circus tricks when faced with immense acts of cruelty.
To cite the fact that this show is not illegal is no reason to allow it to continue. The human race continues to develop and grow knowing that this kind of behaviour is unnecessary, which is why more and more people are turning to animal free products, products not tested on animals and many work tirelessly to save animals from cruel conditions. If animal-welfare certificates have been obtained, then I would challenge the criteria which enable such.
The fact that councillors decided not to take a moral stand on the issue says a great deal about their lack of courage.
Cllr Doug Perry is lucky he has the choice whether or not to get involved with such cruelty. The animals are not afforded such rights.
Please add me to list of objectors to animal circuses and if the councillors can see this letter, all the better.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 5 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 6 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
Ian J Humphreys, Saffron Walden