Councillors wrong over circus
I, TOO, am very angry that Saffron Walden Town councillors have refused to ban these cruel, immoral and disgusting circuses. All the evidence that I have seen demonstrates that animals only perform circus tricks when faced with immense acts of cruelty. To
I, TOO, am very angry that Saffron Walden Town councillors have refused to ban these cruel, immoral and disgusting circuses.
All the evidence that I have seen demonstrates that animals only perform circus tricks when faced with immense acts of cruelty.
To cite the fact that this show is not illegal is no reason to allow it to continue. The human race continues to develop and grow knowing that this kind of behaviour is unnecessary, which is why more and more people are turning to animal free products, products not tested on animals and many work tirelessly to save animals from cruel conditions. If animal-welfare certificates have been obtained, then I would challenge the criteria which enable such.
The fact that councillors decided not to take a moral stand on the issue says a great deal about their lack of courage.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Doug Perry is lucky he has the choice whether or not to get involved with such cruelty. The animals are not afforded such rights.
Please add me to list of objectors to animal circuses and if the councillors can see this letter, all the better.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
Ian J Humphreys, Saffron Walden