Q&A: Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker
- Credit: Susan Barker
How would you best describe your job or role in the community?
I am there to help and give advice as best I can.
How long have you lived in Saffron/Dunmow?
I have lived in High Easter since 1989 and all my life have lived and worked in Essex.
What would you do if you were mayor for a day?
I would never want to be mayor but if I was then get a sponsored flight/ hot air balloon and look down at the district from the sky.
What is your favourite landmark in the area?
- 1 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 2 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 3 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 4 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 5 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Former teaching assistant is jailed
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
Aythorpe Roding Windmill
What is your favourite pub in the Saffron/Dunmow?
I don’t really do pubs except on holiday but I will nominate the Spotted Dog as it’s next door.
Which shops do you rely on in Saffron/Dunmow?
Tesco in Dunmow and the Library. Rose Garden Florist and I miss the shoe shop.
What is your favourite place to go and eat in the area?
What is a perfect day in Saffron/Dunmow for you?
Meeting people I know when out and about.
Which places in Saffron/Dunmow would you recommend to visitors?
The Maltings in Dunmow and perhaps a visit to Great Hallingbury to see how the village is affected by the airport
Who is your Saffron/Dunmow hero?
I have to say my husband.
What do you most love about Saffron/Dunmow?