Q&A: Dunmow county councillor Susan Barker
- Credit: Susan Barker
How would you best describe your job or role in the community?
I am there to help and give advice as best I can.
How long have you lived in Saffron/Dunmow?
I have lived in High Easter since 1989 and all my life have lived and worked in Essex.
What would you do if you were mayor for a day?
You may also want to watch:
I would never want to be mayor but if I was then get a sponsored flight/ hot air balloon and look down at the district from the sky.
What is your favourite landmark in the area?
- 1 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 9 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Aythorpe Roding Windmill
What is your favourite pub in the Saffron/Dunmow?
I don’t really do pubs except on holiday but I will nominate the Spotted Dog as it’s next door.
Which shops do you rely on in Saffron/Dunmow?
Tesco in Dunmow and the Library. Rose Garden Florist and I miss the shoe shop.
What is your favourite place to go and eat in the area?
What is a perfect day in Saffron/Dunmow for you?
Meeting people I know when out and about.
Which places in Saffron/Dunmow would you recommend to visitors?
The Maltings in Dunmow and perhaps a visit to Great Hallingbury to see how the village is affected by the airport
Who is your Saffron/Dunmow hero?
I have to say my husband.
What do you most love about Saffron/Dunmow?