I am writing in response to the article you ran about my court case in last week s issue, as some points were correct, some were incorrect and some were ambiguous (Police find drugs in car after crash, October 5). The day of my accident I was driving to C
I am writing in response to the article you ran about my court case in last week's issue, as some points were correct, some were incorrect and some were ambiguous (Police find drugs in car after crash, October 5).
The day of my accident I was driving to Cambridge to go Christmas shopping. I had my wages and a Christmas bonus for which I have a statement from my previous employer to prove I was given the day before in cash. Coming round a bend on the Hadstock Road, I came face-to-face with an HGV on my side of the road, as it was overtaking a parked Post Office van. I have not had to answer to any driving offences as stated in court and consequently your article.
Therefore the crash was not due to drugs, the seizure of the money was not due to drugs and I did not answer to any driving charges. I was guilty and punished for possession and sharing cannabis with one other person, which is termed "social supply".
I would like to thank everyone who has supported me during the 10 months following the accident, especially my girlfriend's parents and my own.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Forman, Crocus Fields, Saffron Walden
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships