After the power cut in Saffron Walden on Saturday, December 30, I wrote this: A Dark and Beautiful Night, They turned our lights out last night they did, And could have saved us a couple of quid, All in the dark for a moment or two, Fumbling, creeping for
After the power cut in Saffron Walden on Saturday, December 30, I wrote this:
A Dark and Beautiful Night, They turned our lights out last night they did, And could have saved us a couple of quid, All in the dark for a moment or two, Fumbling, creeping for a candle and light, To see us settle in for the night.
The silence was blissful, hardly any noise, Just delight and caution from the two boys, Everything electric quiet and still, Silhouettes and peace, my dream come true, Perhaps this is the answer to a life anew.
Relaxing the eyes, a less focused brain, Walls of shadows now in the frame, Flickering duskiness, beautiful haze, To see us poised in view, Enjoying the few things left to do.
You may also want to watch:
Time advanced at a slow tick-tock, As so many years ago with the grandfather clock, Elegance, grace, tranquillity and us, Our world now seen in a different light, Transformed into a very good night.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021