Date announced for Saffron Walden Christmas food fayre and lights switch-on ceremony
Saffron Walden Town Council has organised a new format to kick-start the festive season.
The event, on Sunday November 24, includes a Christmas market, fun day and festive lights switch on.
The festive-themed market runs from 10am-5pm and includes stalls selling a vast range of products.
Between 11am–2pm buskers and street entertainers will amuse visitors and throughout the afternoon there will be clips from the Saffron Players who are busy preparing for their annual pantomime.
The presentation of the memorial Flossy Geddy bench will take place on the Common at 2pm, followed by a jazz quartet playing in the market square until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Wimbish Military Wives choir will then entertain for half an hour up to 3.30pm, with four local schools (Clavering, St Mary’s, Katherine Semar and Friends’) set to join them in a final carol.
Dance and theatre group Pure Rhythm will be involved with some songs and carols, before Hyperfusion perform for 15 minutes until 4pm.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
At 4pm, there will be a mystery guest to switch on the Christmas lights alongside town mayor Keith Eden.
Town clerk Simon Lloyd said: “This is a new format for Christmas for the town and we really hope that the community will join us to kick start the festive season.”