Date announced for Saffron Walden Christmas food fayre and lights switch-on ceremony
Saffron Walden Town Council has organised a new format to kick-start the festive season.
The event, on Sunday November 24, includes a Christmas market, fun day and festive lights switch on.
The festive-themed market runs from 10am-5pm and includes stalls selling a vast range of products.
Between 11am–2pm buskers and street entertainers will amuse visitors and throughout the afternoon there will be clips from the Saffron Players who are busy preparing for their annual pantomime.
The presentation of the memorial Flossy Geddy bench will take place on the Common at 2pm, followed by a jazz quartet playing in the market square until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Wimbish Military Wives choir will then entertain for half an hour up to 3.30pm, with four local schools (Clavering, St Mary’s, Katherine Semar and Friends’) set to join them in a final carol.
Dance and theatre group Pure Rhythm will be involved with some songs and carols, before Hyperfusion perform for 15 minutes until 4pm.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
At 4pm, there will be a mystery guest to switch on the Christmas lights alongside town mayor Keith Eden.
Town clerk Simon Lloyd said: “This is a new format for Christmas for the town and we really hope that the community will join us to kick start the festive season.”