Date announced for Saffron Walden Christmas food fayre and lights switch-on ceremony
Saffron Walden Town Council has organised a new format to kick-start the festive season.
The event, on Sunday November 24, includes a Christmas market, fun day and festive lights switch on.
The festive-themed market runs from 10am-5pm and includes stalls selling a vast range of products.
Between 11am–2pm buskers and street entertainers will amuse visitors and throughout the afternoon there will be clips from the Saffron Players who are busy preparing for their annual pantomime.
The presentation of the memorial Flossy Geddy bench will take place on the Common at 2pm, followed by a jazz quartet playing in the market square until 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
The Wimbish Military Wives choir will then entertain for half an hour up to 3.30pm, with four local schools (Clavering, St Mary’s, Katherine Semar and Friends’) set to join them in a final carol.
Dance and theatre group Pure Rhythm will be involved with some songs and carols, before Hyperfusion perform for 15 minutes until 4pm.
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 8 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign
At 4pm, there will be a mystery guest to switch on the Christmas lights alongside town mayor Keith Eden.
Town clerk Simon Lloyd said: “This is a new format for Christmas for the town and we really hope that the community will join us to kick start the festive season.”