Design Essentials opens relocated store in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden got a big boost at the weekend with the opening of the relocated Design Essentials.
Design Essentials’ new store was officially opened on Saturday (August 15) by Councillor Howard Rolfe, leader of Uttlesford District Council, in front a crowd of eager shoppers.
Golden envelopes, with a gift from Design Essentials or supporting businesses, were given to the first 50 customers, with all handed out within 10 minutes of the opening.
Owner Wendy Howells said: “It was amazing on Saturday. I had a lot of support from my existing customers who liked the new shop and the layout and also from new customers, who said they would return.”
Cllr Rolfe added: “I am delighted to cut the ribbon and open this new shop and wish Wendy and Design Essentials every success today and in the future.
You may also want to watch:
“The shop looks wonderful and deserves to do well. Independents are a key part of the shopping experience in Saffron Walden and Uttlesford and stand us out as a place to come and visit.”
The shop is now on a long-term lease, having previously been opposite the Kings Arms and prior to that, a pop-up shop.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
There is also space for the area’s artists to display there work, with current exhibits by Joe Higham Reportage, who also is a freelance for the Saffron Walden Reporter, Michelle Thompson and Tony White.
Wendy plans to keep her displays fresh, with timely changes of stock. She is also keen to build on the shop’s website, which also has a Click and Collect feature, where you can pay online and pick up in store.
Design Essentials will also endeavour to price match where possible, and will have an iPad which customers will be able to browse the store’s online site too.
INFORMATION: Design Essentials, 7 Market Row, Saffron Walden, CB10 1HB.
Open: Tuesday to Saturday, 9.30am-5pm. Sundays and bank holidays, 11am-3.30pm.
Call: 07813 840402.