Does Saffron Walden’s Shire Hill Industrial Estate need rebranding?
- Credit: Archant
IDEAS are being welcomed on ways to spruce up and revamp the Shire Hill Industrial Estate in Saffron Walden.
Uttlesford District Council’s economic development officer, Simon Jackson, is keen to hear from businesses based at the site about what they think could be done to rebrand it and make it more attractive in the eyes of prospective customers and investors.
He said: “I’m also looking to arrange a meeting with local agents and others promoting the location about what they think.
“Not only do I want to find out their thoughts on the possibility of rebranding the estate but I would also like to hear about other aspects.
“It may be that businesses don’t want the name to be changed and they like the site being called an industrial estate, so that’s why I want to speak to everybody about it.
You may also want to watch:
“I will obviously be approaching owners of the premises up there as well so I can get a view of how well the place is working and how it is promoted.”
As revealed by the Reporter in December last year, town councillor Mike Hibbs was originally at the heart of the major revitalisation project. He liaised with businesses at Shire Hill and brought the proposal to the attention of the town council, a meeting of which Mr Jackson attended and agreed to look into the concept further.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Town council backs new support club
To share your thoughts on how to revamp and rebrand Shire Hill Industrial Estate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org