Does Saffron Walden’s Shire Hill Industrial Estate need rebranding?
- Credit: Archant
IDEAS are being welcomed on ways to spruce up and revamp the Shire Hill Industrial Estate in Saffron Walden.
Uttlesford District Council’s economic development officer, Simon Jackson, is keen to hear from businesses based at the site about what they think could be done to rebrand it and make it more attractive in the eyes of prospective customers and investors.
He said: “I’m also looking to arrange a meeting with local agents and others promoting the location about what they think.
“Not only do I want to find out their thoughts on the possibility of rebranding the estate but I would also like to hear about other aspects.
“It may be that businesses don’t want the name to be changed and they like the site being called an industrial estate, so that’s why I want to speak to everybody about it.
You may also want to watch:
“I will obviously be approaching owners of the premises up there as well so I can get a view of how well the place is working and how it is promoted.”
As revealed by the Reporter in December last year, town councillor Mike Hibbs was originally at the heart of the major revitalisation project. He liaised with businesses at Shire Hill and brought the proposal to the attention of the town council, a meeting of which Mr Jackson attended and agreed to look into the concept further.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
To share your thoughts on how to revamp and rebrand Shire Hill Industrial Estate, e-mail email@example.com