Double think in Town Hall
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy – How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months. On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission s conclusion that there was no
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy - How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months.
On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission's conclusion that "there was no public consultation on the proposal to move to a three-bin refuse collection and recycling" system.
This appears to be very much in line with their other comments that Uttlesford District Council "cannot overall demonstrate a consistent approach to value for money" and that there is "no medium-term financial model for the service".
Of course, then, on the other hand we hear the cries of UDC councillors protesting that they have not been consulted by Essex County Council over the library refurbishment, street lighting and the like.
Something here smells of pots and kettles!
Why should UDC be surprised at the unilateral actions of ECC over the library, lighting and the selling off of care homes when they themselves perpetrate the same type of injustices?
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 e-comics and creative writing help from Essex libraries
- 3 Saffron Walden girls enjoy first festival outing
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
- 7 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 8 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 9 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 10 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
One consolation to all the ECC and UDC councillors - at least President Putin would be very proud of you all.