Double think in Town Hall
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy – How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months. On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission s conclusion that there was no
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy - How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months.
On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission's conclusion that "there was no public consultation on the proposal to move to a three-bin refuse collection and recycling" system.
This appears to be very much in line with their other comments that Uttlesford District Council "cannot overall demonstrate a consistent approach to value for money" and that there is "no medium-term financial model for the service".
Of course, then, on the other hand we hear the cries of UDC councillors protesting that they have not been consulted by Essex County Council over the library refurbishment, street lighting and the like.
You may also want to watch:
Something here smells of pots and kettles!
Why should UDC be surprised at the unilateral actions of ECC over the library, lighting and the selling off of care homes when they themselves perpetrate the same type of injustices?
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
One consolation to all the ECC and UDC councillors - at least President Putin would be very proud of you all.