Double think in Town Hall
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy – How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months. On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission s conclusion that there was no
DEMOCRACY and hypocrisy - How wonderfully our local newspapers have encapsulated and highlighted the above two in recent months.
On the one hand we have council leader Mark Gayley quickly glossing over the Audit Commission's conclusion that "there was no public consultation on the proposal to move to a three-bin refuse collection and recycling" system.
This appears to be very much in line with their other comments that Uttlesford District Council "cannot overall demonstrate a consistent approach to value for money" and that there is "no medium-term financial model for the service".
Of course, then, on the other hand we hear the cries of UDC councillors protesting that they have not been consulted by Essex County Council over the library refurbishment, street lighting and the like.
You may also want to watch:
Something here smells of pots and kettles!
Why should UDC be surprised at the unilateral actions of ECC over the library, lighting and the selling off of care homes when they themselves perpetrate the same type of injustices?
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 5 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 6 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 7 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 8 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 9 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
One consolation to all the ECC and UDC councillors - at least President Putin would be very proud of you all.