Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- Credit: Will Durrant
North-west Essex's makers and stallholders gathered in Elsenham on Saturday for a Christmas Market.
Elsenham's festive season began on November 27 with gift, food and drink sales across the Village and Memorial halls.
Proceeds from pitch fees, entry fees and raffle ticket sales will be spent on village projects over the coming year.
The 1st Henham and Elsenham Scouts group were on hand to sell tickets and refreshments.
Victoria Farrell headed up the initiative and thanked the Scouts and village choir for their support.
She said: "Villagers really rallied behind us as we tried to create a festive feel.
"The 1st Henham and Elsenham Scouts have come up trumps, as they always do, to staff the event.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 IN PICTURES: Elbow's Heritage Live headline concert at Audley End House and Gardens
- 3 IN PICTURES: Simple Minds kick off this year's Heritage Live concerts at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Group of youths' set fire to football ground in Saffron Walden
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 10 Benkenstein bags six of the best as Essex Eagles thrash Glamorgan
"Stallholders donated over 50 raffle prizes too!
"All monies raised from entry and stallholder pitch fees, raffle tickets and the Scouts' mulled wine will go towards village projects and facilities."