Exposing cruelty to animals
Regarding the expose of pigs being boiled alive at Dalehead Foods, (Reporter, September 21), the company stated it was an isolated incident. So did the Norfolk turkey farmer when workers were filmed throwing turkeys in the air and batting them with stic
Regarding the expose of pigs being boiled alive at Dalehead Foods, (Reporter, September 21), the company stated it was an isolated incident.
So did the Norfolk turkey farmer when workers were filmed throwing turkeys in the air and batting them with sticks. They are all 'isolated cases' when they are exposed. But not according to our informants who courageously work undercover in these foul places. We are told that they always know when a pig has been boiled alive because the meat would be a different colour.
Research has shown that pigs are sensitive and emotionally complex animals, even more so than dogs. When a US airman cut the throat of a dog, he received an 18-week prison sentence and rightly so, yet we cut the throats of millions of pigs with impunity, almost 2000 every day, so I am told, at Dalehead Foods alone.
There is an anomaly here that allows us to protect animals only so long as there is no human interest involved.
You may also want to watch:
Commercial exploitation and profit hungry businesses make sure that the torment endured by farm animals is well hidden and we salve our conscience by choosing to believe them when they say that animal welfare and humane slaughter is paramount.
Dalehead supply pork to Waitrose and I am assured that their animals are housed outside and do not have their teeth and tails clipped off. However, they still enter a slaughterhouse and these are terrifying places for animals.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 7 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 8 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Film festival to screen heart-warming movie as part of online series
We all have a choice whether or not to be part of this cruel industry.
Animal Aid Cambridge