Fall into trap
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change. What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world? The airlines do
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change.
What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world?
The airlines do the same: "What is the point of cutting flights when they only cause two per cent of UK carbon emissions?"
With 6.5 billion of us on the planet why should any individual do anything?
You may also want to watch:
Then who do we blame when the consequences of human-induced climate change get even worse?
Mr Wells has a go at China for joining in a century late on the industrial revolution, which made Britain prosperous.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Should we be helping the Chinese by giving them the latest carbon-reducing technology? Many people believe that doing nothing is not an option. Every one of the 6.5 billion of us needs to help. Including the residents of Saffron Walden.