Fall into trap
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change. What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world? The airlines do
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change.
What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world?
The airlines do the same: "What is the point of cutting flights when they only cause two per cent of UK carbon emissions?"
With 6.5 billion of us on the planet why should any individual do anything?
You may also want to watch:
Then who do we blame when the consequences of human-induced climate change get even worse?
Mr Wells has a go at China for joining in a century late on the industrial revolution, which made Britain prosperous.
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 3 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 4 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 5 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 6 Airport group's CEO reacts to Covid roadmap and says Budget offers hope
- 7 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 8 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
Should we be helping the Chinese by giving them the latest carbon-reducing technology? Many people believe that doing nothing is not an option. Every one of the 6.5 billion of us needs to help. Including the residents of Saffron Walden.