Fall into trap
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change. What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world? The airlines do
MR WELLS (Postbag, April 26) falls into the easy trap of proposing to do absolutely nothing about climate change.
What is the point of Saffron Walden doing anything when its population represents no more than 0.00025per cent of the world?
The airlines do the same: "What is the point of cutting flights when they only cause two per cent of UK carbon emissions?"
With 6.5 billion of us on the planet why should any individual do anything?
You may also want to watch:
Then who do we blame when the consequences of human-induced climate change get even worse?
Mr Wells has a go at China for joining in a century late on the industrial revolution, which made Britain prosperous.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
Should we be helping the Chinese by giving them the latest carbon-reducing technology? Many people believe that doing nothing is not an option. Every one of the 6.5 billion of us needs to help. Including the residents of Saffron Walden.