Give council more power
I WRITE with reference to the story headlined Maniac drivers are putting lives at risk in the Reporter, July 27. Prime Minister Mr Tony Blair has made Britain s countryside safe for foxes. Now Mr Blair should make Britain s roads safe for people, and ou
I WRITE with reference to the story headlined 'Maniac drivers are putting lives at risk' in the Reporter, July 27.
Prime Minister Mr Tony Blair has made Britain's countryside safe for foxes. Now Mr Blair should make Britain's roads safe for people, and our cats and dog, by giving councils more powers to fight the ever-increasing menace of speeding traffic on our quiet rural roads and busy streets.
Furthermore, children are the most vulnerable and they need plenty of protection in our small villages that are not fitted with street lighting.
Mr TJ White
You may also want to watch:
Little Walden Road
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September