Give council more power
I WRITE with reference to the story headlined Maniac drivers are putting lives at risk in the Reporter, July 27. Prime Minister Mr Tony Blair has made Britain s countryside safe for foxes. Now Mr Blair should make Britain s roads safe for people, and ou
I WRITE with reference to the story headlined 'Maniac drivers are putting lives at risk' in the Reporter, July 27.
Prime Minister Mr Tony Blair has made Britain's countryside safe for foxes. Now Mr Blair should make Britain's roads safe for people, and our cats and dog, by giving councils more powers to fight the ever-increasing menace of speeding traffic on our quiet rural roads and busy streets.
Furthermore, children are the most vulnerable and they need plenty of protection in our small villages that are not fitted with street lighting.
Mr TJ White
You may also want to watch:
Little Walden Road
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 7 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal