Give licence back to pub
GIVE the Lizzie back its licence. Here we go again. Does Cllr Janice Loughlin honestly think by closing the Queen Elizabeth pub she is going to stop one person taking or supplying a bit of dope? If she does she is living in a world of her own. Perhaps sh
GIVE the Lizzie back its licence.
Here we go again. Does Cllr Janice Loughlin honestly think by closing the Queen Elizabeth pub she is going to stop one person taking or supplying a bit of dope? If she does she is living in a world of her own.
Perhaps she would explain to the 200 or 300 users of the pub why they should be denied the right to enjoy spending time where they would like to spend their time, or does she think that all customers of the "Lizzie" are on the silly stuff?
This council made it very hard for the White Horse pub to operate, in their wisdom denying Saffron Walden one of the most popular landlords it's ever had, "D'Arcy".
You may also want to watch:
He never applied to renew its licence. The do-gooders claimed a victory on that one too!
The Conservative Club is also having trouble doing what they are good at: giving people a good time - but sorry I forgot we mustn't wake one of the do-gooders up after they have drunk their cocoa.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
I haven't heard any complaints about the local church bells annoying us all on a Sunday morning when all fun-loving people are trying to have a lie-in.
Sorry, that's different. Still, the church has been here a long time and thankfully Cllr Loughlin and her cronies won't be.
Finally, yes, I agree, let's get rid of the low-lifers who are supplying our kids with rubbish, but don't stop the rest of us from doing what we want to and not what some God-squad wants us to. No doubt my licence will be next to go.