Give us all the facts call
THE latest edition of Plane Talk from BAA includes an assertion that aviation is only responsible for five per cent of the UK s carbon dioxide emissions. Actually the figure is now more than six per cent. But BAA fails to mention that aviation emissions a
THE latest edition of Plane Talk from BAA includes an assertion that aviation is only responsible for five per cent of the UK's carbon dioxide emissions. Actually the figure is now more than six per cent.
But BAA fails to mention that aviation emissions are far more damaging to the environment than emissions at ground level by a factor of between two and four, with the internationally accepted factor being 2.7.
This means aviation currently accounts for 15 per cent of the UK's contribution to man-made global warming. And of course aviation is now the fastest increasing cause of carbon dioxide emissions.
Leading experts have stated the UK will have no hope of reaching its targets for reducing emissions if the aviation industry continues to grow at predicted rates.
You may also want to watch:
One geophysicist recently stated that aviation growth, if unchecked, 'would bring our planet to its knees'.
- 1 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 5 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 6 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 7 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 8 Try this: MasterChef winner Chef Webb's recipe for roasted chicken supreme
- 9 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 10 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors