First in-person meeting in 17 months after Covid restrictions lifted
- Credit: Elsenham WI
Elsenham WI members have met up in person for the first time since February last year, at a Posh Frocks and Hats garden party, held during their centenary year.
About 50 WI members and guests gathered in Karen Pitcher's garden.
As 2021 is Elsenham WI’s centenary year, the theme was posh frocks throughout the decades.
The event was organised and run by the Elsenham WI committee, with members contributing food and drink.
Centenary bunting was made by Elsenham WI Secretary Gill Hathaway, the best songs from the last 100 years were played and Vice President Gloria Eatson organised an extra special raffle.
You may also want to watch:
The forecast was for heavy showers but luckily, only a few drops of rain fell.
Although guests are always welcome, men on this occasion came along in greater numbers.
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 6 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 7 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 8 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 9 Strong start for Saffron Walden as competitive rugby returns with a bang.
- 10 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
Moyra Jackson, President of Elsenham WI, said: "We’ve worked hard to maintain our community via virtual meetings, phone calls and doorstep deliveries over the last 16 months or so.
"However, there is no substitute for meeting in person and I am delighted that we were finally able to get together for the first of many centenary celebrations."
To get involved, email email@example.com or search for Elsenham WI on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.