FOLLOWING recent weeks of comment and speculation in the newspapers and elsewhere, I would like to address some issues raised on the consultation process regarding the district s strategy for development in Uttlesford. The six-week consultation period fro
FOLLOWING recent weeks of comment and speculation in the newspapers and elsewhere, I would like to address some issues raised on the consultation process regarding the district's strategy for development in Uttlesford.
The six-week consultation period from November 30 to January 11 is fully in line with the Government's legislative requirements.
I have publicly stated that comments received before and after the consultation period started, as well as late responses will be taken into account as recommendations are taken forward.
The Post Office was contracted to deliver 34,500 leaflets to homes and businesses across Uttlesford in the week commencing November 26.
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office failed to deliver some 4600 leaflets (13 per cent), which were returned to their main sorting office and pulped. We produced an 'in house' reprint and I called on councillors to assist me with their distribution.
I have never referred to any potential development as an eco town. UDC is committed to environmentally friendly and sustainable housing.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Please remember, if UDC does not make provision for the additional 4200 homes then the government will direct where and how many homes are built.
Cllr Susan Barker
Chairman of the UDC Environment Committee