Please may I use your column to say a big thank you to several people? On Thursday February 28 I had a front tyre burst on my car. It happened at Radwinter, by The Plough pub. One man stopped to offer help, but I explained help was on the way. Then anoth
Please may I use your column to say a big thank you to several people?
On Thursday February 28 I had a front tyre burst on my car. It happened at Radwinter, by The Plough pub. One man stopped to offer help, but I explained help was on the way.
Then another man, Gary from Hempstead, actually stopped and started to sort out jacks, spare tyres etc. Eventually I parked my car in The Plough car park.
The landlords Mark and Emma and the chef let me use the phone to call roadside help. They fed me and let me stay in the pub to keep warm.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually the RAC came and sorted out the tyre and I was on my way home!
Although it was a bit scary breaking down, the people around me at the time were ever so kind and they wouldn't take any payment. My husband and I hope to visit The Plough in the not too distant future. Their hospitality is great!
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 6 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 7 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 8 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 'No link' between postponed Essex weddings and registrars’ consultation
My faith in human kindness has been totally revitalised and a huge thanks to everyone concerned.