Please may I use your column to say a big thank you to several people? On Thursday February 28 I had a front tyre burst on my car. It happened at Radwinter, by The Plough pub. One man stopped to offer help, but I explained help was on the way. Then anoth
Please may I use your column to say a big thank you to several people?
On Thursday February 28 I had a front tyre burst on my car. It happened at Radwinter, by The Plough pub. One man stopped to offer help, but I explained help was on the way.
Then another man, Gary from Hempstead, actually stopped and started to sort out jacks, spare tyres etc. Eventually I parked my car in The Plough car park.
The landlords Mark and Emma and the chef let me use the phone to call roadside help. They fed me and let me stay in the pub to keep warm.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually the RAC came and sorted out the tyre and I was on my way home!
Although it was a bit scary breaking down, the people around me at the time were ever so kind and they wouldn't take any payment. My husband and I hope to visit The Plough in the not too distant future. Their hospitality is great!
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 8 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero
My faith in human kindness has been totally revitalised and a huge thanks to everyone concerned.