In memory of George Benson
IN MEMORY of George Benson: Down on Catons Lane he ll stand no more, Our heads and hearts are really sore, A lovely man with a winning smile, I liked his cut, I liked his style. Through rain and sleet and even floods George always was faithful to The Blo
IN MEMORY of George Benson:
Down on Catons Lane he'll stand no more, Our heads and hearts are really sore,
A lovely man with a winning smile, I liked his cut, I liked his style.
Through rain and sleet and even floods George always was faithful to 'The Bloods'.
You may also want to watch:
A gentleman with a lot of charm, He had a trusty drinking arm.
For a long time now he was not too well,
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Though he never complained this story I tell.
Through all the toil, and tears and strife, George had a very devoted wife.
Jean try to keep your chin up love, As George looks down from above,
He's now moved on to a higher place, At God's table he will now say Grace.
As the sun goes down at eventide, With friends and family by your side,
You must stand tall and very proud, And sing his praises out aloud.
There's only one thing left to say, We will be with you all the way,
To help you as you shed a tear, For the man you loved so dear.
So Jean I send this verse to thee: "Vaya Con Dios", from Bill Lee.
Saffron Walden Town Football club