In memory of George Benson
IN MEMORY of George Benson: Down on Catons Lane he ll stand no more, Our heads and hearts are really sore, A lovely man with a winning smile, I liked his cut, I liked his style. Through rain and sleet and even floods George always was faithful to The Blo
IN MEMORY of George Benson:
Down on Catons Lane he'll stand no more, Our heads and hearts are really sore,
A lovely man with a winning smile, I liked his cut, I liked his style.
Through rain and sleet and even floods George always was faithful to 'The Bloods'.
You may also want to watch:
A gentleman with a lot of charm, He had a trusty drinking arm.
For a long time now he was not too well,
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 3 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 9 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
Though he never complained this story I tell.
Through all the toil, and tears and strife, George had a very devoted wife.
Jean try to keep your chin up love, As George looks down from above,
He's now moved on to a higher place, At God's table he will now say Grace.
As the sun goes down at eventide, With friends and family by your side,
You must stand tall and very proud, And sing his praises out aloud.
There's only one thing left to say, We will be with you all the way,
To help you as you shed a tear, For the man you loved so dear.
So Jean I send this verse to thee: "Vaya Con Dios", from Bill Lee.
Saffron Walden Town Football club