IT LOOKS as if it might be the calm before the storm at Stansted. All quiet on the runway front? The long awaited plan for G2, much delayed is yet to be given its fanfare – will it be a full monty with a vengeance or most likely a revised friendly, small
IT LOOKS as if it might be the calm before the storm at Stansted. All quiet on the runway front?
The long awaited plan for G2, much delayed is yet to be given its fanfare - will it be a full monty with a vengeance or most likely a revised friendly, smaller, runway-lite.
Are existing communities to be bulldozed in the 'national interest'? Funnily enough BAA has yet to get permission for increased use of the existing runway.
Perhaps they hope that in the end the insane dream of the 60s will materialise - four runways and millions of eager passengers every year, the whole country in the air, flying 24seven with the sky the limit?
You may also want to watch:
Maybe the empire won't exactly strike back... maybe more delay and good old British fudge with BAA as a less agreeable version of Mr Toad, burrowing away hoping no one will notice.
We all know what happened when Mr Toad took to the air?
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Ah, think of those endless golf courses, car parks, themed shopping malls where once there were quiet beloved fields. Maybe Hatfield forest will become a Disneyland complete with talking fungi?
The damage done, extravagant BAA may be broken up. Too late I fear while government and time serving politicians will bleat "it's not our fault... it's the other chaps".