It’s monkey business
I WONDER whether any of your lovely senior readers will be able to help me in my quest to find out the Christian name of one of my past family members. I am researching the family history of the Starts, most of whom lived in and around Castle Street fro
I WONDER whether any of your lovely 'senior readers' will be able to help me in my quest to find out the Christian name of one of my past family members.
I am researching the family history of the Starts, most of whom lived in and around Castle Street from the 1800s onwards. One of the family members was known as Monkey Start.
Several people I have already spoken to say they knew of him and one person even worked with him, but nobody seems to know his proper name!
I understand that he was quite a tall man and had a Dalmatian dog but that is the only information I have.
You may also want to watch:
I would be really grateful if any of your readers can help me out. I can be contacted at this address: Cathy Start, 14 Ashdon Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 2AT.
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 7 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
- 10 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'