It’s monkey business
I WONDER whether any of your lovely senior readers will be able to help me in my quest to find out the Christian name of one of my past family members. I am researching the family history of the Starts, most of whom lived in and around Castle Street fro
I WONDER whether any of your lovely 'senior readers' will be able to help me in my quest to find out the Christian name of one of my past family members.
I am researching the family history of the Starts, most of whom lived in and around Castle Street from the 1800s onwards. One of the family members was known as Monkey Start.
Several people I have already spoken to say they knew of him and one person even worked with him, but nobody seems to know his proper name!
I understand that he was quite a tall man and had a Dalmatian dog but that is the only information I have.
You may also want to watch:
I would be really grateful if any of your readers can help me out. I can be contacted at this address: Cathy Start, 14 Ashdon Road, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 2AT.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open