Lack of help
I HAVE contacted NATS via telephone (General Enquiries: 01489 616001) with regards to the airspace consultation. I wanted to obtain a printed version of the consultation as the document is 450 pages. It is virtually impossible to print this document with
I HAVE contacted NATS via telephone (General Enquiries: 01489 616001) with regards to the airspace consultation.
I wanted to obtain a printed version of the consultation as the document is 450 pages. It is virtually impossible to print this document with my home computer/printer.
At first I was fobbed off by the operator to a telephone number that told me they were not taking phone enquiries (01189 839457).
Upon repeated calls, I was told they were not giving out printed versions; that they are available online and in libraries. I told him the interlinking and cross-referencing of the documents made it impossible to look at them on screen, without having three or four monitors connected to your computer.
The CAA agrees with me that the document is difficult to download, difficult to read due to its size and that reading the document in its entirety will take many hours; thus it is not really possible to read this in a library.
My mother-in-law lives in Saffron Walden. Yes, she has a computer, but no internet connection. She is over 70 years old and not very mobile and the same could be said for many other elderly people in Saffron Walden and surrounding areas.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Does this mean that NATS will not consult those people despite them being affected? I would say that this is sheer discrimination against elderly and disabled people.