Lack of help
I HAVE contacted NATS via telephone (General Enquiries: 01489 616001) with regards to the airspace consultation. I wanted to obtain a printed version of the consultation as the document is 450 pages. It is virtually impossible to print this document with
I HAVE contacted NATS via telephone (General Enquiries: 01489 616001) with regards to the airspace consultation.
I wanted to obtain a printed version of the consultation as the document is 450 pages. It is virtually impossible to print this document with my home computer/printer.
At first I was fobbed off by the operator to a telephone number that told me they were not taking phone enquiries (01189 839457).
Upon repeated calls, I was told they were not giving out printed versions; that they are available online and in libraries. I told him the interlinking and cross-referencing of the documents made it impossible to look at them on screen, without having three or four monitors connected to your computer.
You may also want to watch:
The CAA agrees with me that the document is difficult to download, difficult to read due to its size and that reading the document in its entirety will take many hours; thus it is not really possible to read this in a library.
My mother-in-law lives in Saffron Walden. Yes, she has a computer, but no internet connection. She is over 70 years old and not very mobile and the same could be said for many other elderly people in Saffron Walden and surrounding areas.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
Does this mean that NATS will not consult those people despite them being affected? I would say that this is sheer discrimination against elderly and disabled people.