Letter-writer is a mischief-maker!
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to stand up and be accountable for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted. Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever o
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to "stand up and be accountable" for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted.
Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever organised by Stansted throughout the Uttlesford
District community was not enough?
Neither was the 16 volume Environmental Statement, which covers each relevant topic in great detail?
You may also want to watch:
So much also then for the 27 public exhibitions held locally, and Plane Talk, our popular community newsletter, delivered direct to over 180,000 homes in the area.
Not to mention the 4000 CDs distributed, the special interactive website and the dedicated call centre to answer questions or to provide more information.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
Finally, our proposals have been the subject of intense scrutiny by councillors and their consultants, and we recently took an active part in Uttlesford District Council's week-long 'Hearings in Public' on the subject.
We have since been in regular contact with Uttlesford District Council to answer detailed follow-up questions and to provide clarification on certain facts.
So enough of this nonsense about lack of accountability.
Ray Woodcock is mischief-making, pure and simple, and he knows it.
Mark Pendlington, director of communications