Letter-writer is a mischief-maker!
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to stand up and be accountable for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted. Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever o
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to "stand up and be accountable" for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted.
Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever organised by Stansted throughout the Uttlesford
District community was not enough?
Neither was the 16 volume Environmental Statement, which covers each relevant topic in great detail?
You may also want to watch:
So much also then for the 27 public exhibitions held locally, and Plane Talk, our popular community newsletter, delivered direct to over 180,000 homes in the area.
Not to mention the 4000 CDs distributed, the special interactive website and the dedicated call centre to answer questions or to provide more information.
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 3 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 6 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 9 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 10 Council responds to unflattering comments
Finally, our proposals have been the subject of intense scrutiny by councillors and their consultants, and we recently took an active part in Uttlesford District Council's week-long 'Hearings in Public' on the subject.
We have since been in regular contact with Uttlesford District Council to answer detailed follow-up questions and to provide clarification on certain facts.
So enough of this nonsense about lack of accountability.
Ray Woodcock is mischief-making, pure and simple, and he knows it.
Mark Pendlington, director of communications