Letter-writer is a mischief-maker!
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to stand up and be accountable for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted. Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever o
RAY Woodcock (Postbag, August 24) calls on BAA to "stand up and be accountable" for our proposal to increase the use of the existing single runway at Stansted.
Presumably, the most comprehensive information sharing and public consultation exercise ever organised by Stansted throughout the Uttlesford
District community was not enough?
Neither was the 16 volume Environmental Statement, which covers each relevant topic in great detail?
You may also want to watch:
So much also then for the 27 public exhibitions held locally, and Plane Talk, our popular community newsletter, delivered direct to over 180,000 homes in the area.
Not to mention the 4000 CDs distributed, the special interactive website and the dedicated call centre to answer questions or to provide more information.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
Finally, our proposals have been the subject of intense scrutiny by councillors and their consultants, and we recently took an active part in Uttlesford District Council's week-long 'Hearings in Public' on the subject.
We have since been in regular contact with Uttlesford District Council to answer detailed follow-up questions and to provide clarification on certain facts.
So enough of this nonsense about lack of accountability.
Ray Woodcock is mischief-making, pure and simple, and he knows it.
Mark Pendlington, director of communications