WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie! It was an awful pub – no decent person would drink there! As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours. I have witnessed the aftermath of s
WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie!
It was an awful pub - no decent person would drink there!
As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours.
I have witnessed the aftermath of stabbings, fights and vandalism. Neighbours were expected to put up and shut up, even with the police station across the road.
I'm really glad it was closed down - they had many chances to get it right but didn't! Landlords have a duty to ensure patrons don't cause a nuisance.
People need to sleep in peace and not worry about their property being damaged. It seems most of the town knew about the bad reputation of the pub - why should anyone be surprised by its closure? It was about time!
- 1 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 4 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 5 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 6 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
- 7 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
It's now up to other pubs to ensure they don't condone the same bad behaviour; Saffron
Walden has no place for such miscreants.
Name and address supplied