WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie! It was an awful pub – no decent person would drink there! As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours. I have witnessed the aftermath of s
WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie!
It was an awful pub - no decent person would drink there!
As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours.
I have witnessed the aftermath of stabbings, fights and vandalism. Neighbours were expected to put up and shut up, even with the police station across the road.
You may also want to watch:
I'm really glad it was closed down - they had many chances to get it right but didn't! Landlords have a duty to ensure patrons don't cause a nuisance.
People need to sleep in peace and not worry about their property being damaged. It seems most of the town knew about the bad reputation of the pub - why should anyone be surprised by its closure? It was about time!
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 5 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 6 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
It's now up to other pubs to ensure they don't condone the same bad behaviour; Saffron
Walden has no place for such miscreants.
Name and address supplied