WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie! It was an awful pub – no decent person would drink there! As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours. I have witnessed the aftermath of s
WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie!
It was an awful pub - no decent person would drink there!
As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours.
I have witnessed the aftermath of stabbings, fights and vandalism. Neighbours were expected to put up and shut up, even with the police station across the road.
You may also want to watch:
I'm really glad it was closed down - they had many chances to get it right but didn't! Landlords have a duty to ensure patrons don't cause a nuisance.
People need to sleep in peace and not worry about their property being damaged. It seems most of the town knew about the bad reputation of the pub - why should anyone be surprised by its closure? It was about time!
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 When Covid-19 restrictions lift, will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
It's now up to other pubs to ensure they don't condone the same bad behaviour; Saffron
Walden has no place for such miscreants.
Name and address supplied