WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie! It was an awful pub – no decent person would drink there! As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours. I have witnessed the aftermath of s
WHAT drivel is being written about the Lizzie!
It was an awful pub - no decent person would drink there!
As someone who lived nearby many years ago I can vouch for the noise and disruption both during and after hours.
I have witnessed the aftermath of stabbings, fights and vandalism. Neighbours were expected to put up and shut up, even with the police station across the road.
You may also want to watch:
I'm really glad it was closed down - they had many chances to get it right but didn't! Landlords have a duty to ensure patrons don't cause a nuisance.
People need to sleep in peace and not worry about their property being damaged. It seems most of the town knew about the bad reputation of the pub - why should anyone be surprised by its closure? It was about time!
- 1 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 2 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 3 District council urged to cancel investment
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 6 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 7 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 8 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 9 MP responds to HuffPost Twitter row
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors
It's now up to other pubs to ensure they don't condone the same bad behaviour; Saffron
Walden has no place for such miscreants.
Name and address supplied