Man hospitalised after vicious attack’
A VICIOUS attack outside a Saffron Walden pub on Saturday night left a man requiring hospital treatment. The assault happened at 1.10am on Sunday outside the Old English Gentleman on Gold Street. A 34-year-old Great Sampford man received bruising and swel
A VICIOUS attack outside a Saffron Walden pub on Saturday night left a man requiring hospital treatment.
The assault happened at 1.10am on Sunday outside the Old English Gentleman on Gold Street.
A 34-year-old Great Sampford man received bruising and swelling to his eye when another man attacked him. His attacker is thought to have then got into a car containing two other men and driven off.
The injured man was taken by ambulance to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge before being released at around 9am Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
A 34-year-old man from Saffron Walden was arrested within 90 minutes of the incident and has since been released on police bail until tomorrow (Friday).
Another man was arrested in connection with the crime on Monday morning. The 30-year-old from north east England, who is believed to have been working in the area, was cautioned by police for causing actual bodily harm and released that day.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Film festival to screen heart-warming movie as part of online series
Police said one of the men was in possession of a rolling pin during the alleged attack.
Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with any information about it should call police on 01799 513232, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.