Mess over new town
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000-house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled Elsenham – a new market town for Uttlesford to homes in the affected area. The brochure tells us, among other thin
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000-house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled 'Elsenham - a new market town for Uttlesford' to homes in the affected area.
The brochure tells us, among other things, that they are planning public exhibitions because "your views count". But it would appear that the views of the people of Elsenham and Henham don't count for much - the exhibition will be on October 14, between 11am and 4pm in Henham and between 6pm and 9pm in Elsenham.
But probably there's no real need to consult with the residents here - as Fairfield point out in their brochure "Uttlesford District Council... has identified land north east of Elsenham, which is under the control of Fairfield... as its 'preferred option'".
So that'll be a big thank you from Elsenham and Henham to the local Conservatives - it was Conservative Cllr Ketteridge's inane scheme, with support from Conservative Cllr Barker, 'Environment' chair, which got us into this mess in the first place.
You may also want to watch:
Lillian Adams, Elsenham
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 9 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 10 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'