Mess over new town
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000-house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled Elsenham – a new market town for Uttlesford to homes in the affected area. The brochure tells us, among other thin
THE Fairfield Partnership, which wishes to build a 5000-house new town between Elsenham and Henham, have now delivered a brochure entitled 'Elsenham - a new market town for Uttlesford' to homes in the affected area.
The brochure tells us, among other things, that they are planning public exhibitions because "your views count". But it would appear that the views of the people of Elsenham and Henham don't count for much - the exhibition will be on October 14, between 11am and 4pm in Henham and between 6pm and 9pm in Elsenham.
But probably there's no real need to consult with the residents here - as Fairfield point out in their brochure "Uttlesford District Council... has identified land north east of Elsenham, which is under the control of Fairfield... as its 'preferred option'".
So that'll be a big thank you from Elsenham and Henham to the local Conservatives - it was Conservative Cllr Ketteridge's inane scheme, with support from Conservative Cllr Barker, 'Environment' chair, which got us into this mess in the first place.
You may also want to watch:
Lillian Adams, Elsenham
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal