No windmills please
Is it too much to hope that the publication of data which shows that wind farms will increase electricity prices some 30 per cent over today s sky-high charges would give rise to thoughts amongst the enviro enthusiasts? Like all of their ideas cost never
Is it too much to hope that the publication of data which shows that wind farms will increase electricity prices some 30 per cent over today's sky-high charges would give rise to thoughts amongst the enviro enthusiasts?
Like all of their ideas cost never enters their heads, they assume money grows on trees and the national economy can easily absorb increase on increase like the reports that each one of these turbines attracts a quarter of a million pounds subsidy each year!
Solar panels, condensing boilers and even double glazing seals will be at the end of, or well beyond, their useful lives long before they have paid for themselves.
The obvious answer is nuclear generation but the scared-of-everything lobby fights against it. They will not permit experiments on using nuclear "glass" which takes longer to dissolve in the sea than the nuclear activity remaining.
You may also want to watch:
Environmentalism has distorted the truth to provide its own highly influential mantra and it is high time that their so-called experts looked at scientific truth and not that which raises vast sums in tax and throw it away on schemes which simply don't work.
T Rumble, Walden Road, Sewards End
- 1 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 2 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 8 New interim chief executive for district council
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Crematorium to broadcast Father's Day service