No windmills please
Is it too much to hope that the publication of data which shows that wind farms will increase electricity prices some 30 per cent over today s sky-high charges would give rise to thoughts amongst the enviro enthusiasts? Like all of their ideas cost never
Is it too much to hope that the publication of data which shows that wind farms will increase electricity prices some 30 per cent over today's sky-high charges would give rise to thoughts amongst the enviro enthusiasts?
Like all of their ideas cost never enters their heads, they assume money grows on trees and the national economy can easily absorb increase on increase like the reports that each one of these turbines attracts a quarter of a million pounds subsidy each year!
Solar panels, condensing boilers and even double glazing seals will be at the end of, or well beyond, their useful lives long before they have paid for themselves.
The obvious answer is nuclear generation but the scared-of-everything lobby fights against it. They will not permit experiments on using nuclear "glass" which takes longer to dissolve in the sea than the nuclear activity remaining.
Environmentalism has distorted the truth to provide its own highly influential mantra and it is high time that their so-called experts looked at scientific truth and not that which raises vast sums in tax and throw it away on schemes which simply don't work.
T Rumble, Walden Road, Sewards End
- 1 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 6 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Customer Excellence Award finalists