AS?THE Lord Butler Leisure Centre houses the only swimming pool in the town, it s a total disgrace that they have clearly forgotten to hire a cleaner. I am a regular swimmer and have recently moved back to Saffron Walden. I hadn t visited the leisure cent
AS?THE Lord Butler Leisure Centre houses the only swimming pool in the town, it's a total disgrace that they have clearly forgotten to hire a cleaner.
I am a regular swimmer and have recently moved back to Saffron Walden. I hadn't visited the leisure centre in a while and it seems I'm not the only one.
What an absolute disgrace, and a real shame to think some people actually pay more than £30 a month to use this facility.
On my trip to the pool, firstly there seems to be this strange rule that I have not come across before in any public pool stipulating that you need to remove your shoes before entering the changing facilities. Is this really necessary?
You may also want to watch:
Maybe they could ague this is more hygienic but when you then open the door to the actual changing room you will only want to turn back to your shoes and put them straight back on.
Having looked into the 10ft by 10ft sauna with too many people in it I decided to call it a night.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
I collected my things from the locker and went to one of the two private showers, which had mould on the doors both sides, and mouldy drains where you stand.
And what's more the shower turns off after 10 seconds. I do understand it helps the environment but there are staff on duty at all times and most people are responsible enough to turn a shower off after use!
I have moved from Halstead. The leisure centre there is run by the same people as the Lord Butler; however, it's very clean and mould-free at all times.
Therefore, why can't the Saffron Walden swimming pool be the same? Should we start a petition? Or just start asking for a discount in future?
Let's hope something changes, as it's a real shame.