Poor driving to blame
WE CAME to live in Linton less than three years ago, and use the A1307 regularly. I personally don t think there is any thing wrong with this road. What is wrong is the appalling standard of driving! Only last Saturday morning (the day of the last crash
WE CAME to live in Linton less than three years ago, and use the A1307 regularly.
I personally don't think there is any thing wrong with this road. What is wrong is the appalling standard of driving!
Only last Saturday morning (the day of the last crash) I was leaving Haverhill and in the 40mph zone a young lady came and tailgated me. She did this until the de-restricted zone, constantly looking to overtake and when she finally came by, she forced both me and an on coming car to brake, to avoid a collision. This situation occurs on a regular basis.
The answer is simple: slow the traffic down. The current 'Slow Down' sings are useless and are no deterrent.
You may also want to watch:
Put traffic islands at the Horseheath crossroads, and the Bartlow crossroads. Close the turning into Horseheath Road Linton which is very dangerous when you are turning right, and finally, close one side of the dual carriageway section and make this two lane as the rest of the road.
The reason that I would close off one side of the dual carriageway is that this section becomes a raceway, with people still overtaking well into the chevrons at the end of the dual carriageway, causing oncoming traffic to brake to avoid a collision.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
I am not a lover of speed cameras, but I think on this section of road, they are a must. Unfortunately, there will be more accidents on this road unless people slow down and obey the law.
Leon North, Linton