Post service is an asset
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition. This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition.
This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde progression, as despite the technical advances in handling, the actual service is now both far more expensive and less convenient for the majority of the population.
Allowing private enterprise to cream off the lucrative parts of the service has led to it becoming a reduced service and more expensive for people.
Older readers will remember when for two and a half old pennies, you could post a letter before 6pm and it would be delivered first thing the next morning.
All communication systems are a national asset and should be provided as a service and not a profit-making system.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 9 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
Chairman UK Independence Party Saffron Walden Branch