Post service is an asset
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition. This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition.
This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde progression, as despite the technical advances in handling, the actual service is now both far more expensive and less convenient for the majority of the population.
Allowing private enterprise to cream off the lucrative parts of the service has led to it becoming a reduced service and more expensive for people.
Older readers will remember when for two and a half old pennies, you could post a letter before 6pm and it would be delivered first thing the next morning.
You may also want to watch:
All communication systems are a national asset and should be provided as a service and not a profit-making system.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 3 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 4 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 7 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 8 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
Chairman UK Independence Party Saffron Walden Branch