Post service is an asset
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition. This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde
I WAS pleased to see that Mr Deutsch, despite his approval of the EU, admits that the EU has issued various directives on postal services including opening it to competition.
This change from the old Royal Mail to the present system has been a retrograde progression, as despite the technical advances in handling, the actual service is now both far more expensive and less convenient for the majority of the population.
Allowing private enterprise to cream off the lucrative parts of the service has led to it becoming a reduced service and more expensive for people.
Older readers will remember when for two and a half old pennies, you could post a letter before 6pm and it would be delivered first thing the next morning.
You may also want to watch:
All communication systems are a national asset and should be provided as a service and not a profit-making system.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
Chairman UK Independence Party Saffron Walden Branch