Potential licensees call time on pub
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them. The Que
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them.
The Queens Head in Littlebury has just lost another set of potential licensees who have pulled out at the eleventh hour as they were told they would need to pay for the roof to be fixed!
The pub is now closed and the business has been run down for very long time over the past few years with more people running it than they have sold hot dinners and managers who over winter did not have any heating as they didn't want to pay for it.
Green King if you can't own the pub in the right way then sell it off to someone who can and I just hope that the village has a pub for the future.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Green King would like to comment as the pub has been closed for the past few days?
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 7 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 8 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled