Potential licensees call time on pub
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them. The Que
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them.
The Queens Head in Littlebury has just lost another set of potential licensees who have pulled out at the eleventh hour as they were told they would need to pay for the roof to be fixed!
The pub is now closed and the business has been run down for very long time over the past few years with more people running it than they have sold hot dinners and managers who over winter did not have any heating as they didn't want to pay for it.
Green King if you can't own the pub in the right way then sell it off to someone who can and I just hope that the village has a pub for the future.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Green King would like to comment as the pub has been closed for the past few days?
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 9 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires
- 10 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event