Potential licensees call time on pub
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them. The Que
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them.
The Queens Head in Littlebury has just lost another set of potential licensees who have pulled out at the eleventh hour as they were told they would need to pay for the roof to be fixed!
The pub is now closed and the business has been run down for very long time over the past few years with more people running it than they have sold hot dinners and managers who over winter did not have any heating as they didn't want to pay for it.
Green King if you can't own the pub in the right way then sell it off to someone who can and I just hope that the village has a pub for the future.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Green King would like to comment as the pub has been closed for the past few days?
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 6 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 7 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 8 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford