Potential licensees call time on pub
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them. The Que
I AM writing to complain that Green King is killing the local pub in our village. They have put the rents up so high, that no one in their right mind can make money from the pub and if they dare, then they will receive rent hikes to penalise them.
The Queens Head in Littlebury has just lost another set of potential licensees who have pulled out at the eleventh hour as they were told they would need to pay for the roof to be fixed!
The pub is now closed and the business has been run down for very long time over the past few years with more people running it than they have sold hot dinners and managers who over winter did not have any heating as they didn't want to pay for it.
Green King if you can't own the pub in the right way then sell it off to someone who can and I just hope that the village has a pub for the future.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps Green King would like to comment as the pub has been closed for the past few days?
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021