Propaganda over square
I CANNOT help but notice the amount of misinformation currently being spread by Cllr Freeman and his supporters. I found the remarks about the Market Square to be of particular concern. A few months ago the Lib-Dems were circulating leaflets saying that
I CANNOT help but notice the amount of misinformation currently being spread by Cllr Freeman and his supporters. I found the remarks about the Market Square to be of particular concern.
A few months ago the Lib-Dems were circulating leaflets saying that the Conservatives were doing nothing with the Market Square. Now they are saying that any attempts to improve the state of it would be a waste of tax payer's money.
Are they really so shallow to think such unprincipled behaviour will not be noticed. Do they have a genuine view on anything or will they always be prepared to sacrifice their principles to suit political needs?
Perhaps they are still sore because the Conservatives rejected their pedestrianisation proposals. The difference is that the decision not to go ahead was only made after consultation with the people of Saffron Walden. The response was clear - it was not wanted. An example of democracy in action I believe.
You may also want to watch:
The idea put forward by Cllr Walters is encouraging and will have a positive impact on the Market Square and the town. It is a shame that the Lib Dems have to revert to the spread of negative political propaganda in something that is so significant for this town.
I am sure the people in Saffron Walden and its environs will not be fooled quite as easily as the Lib Dems would like.
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
Jon Shatford, Copperfields, Saffron Walden