Propaganda over square
I CANNOT help but notice the amount of misinformation currently being spread by Cllr Freeman and his supporters. I found the remarks about the Market Square to be of particular concern. A few months ago the Lib-Dems were circulating leaflets saying that
I CANNOT help but notice the amount of misinformation currently being spread by Cllr Freeman and his supporters. I found the remarks about the Market Square to be of particular concern.
A few months ago the Lib-Dems were circulating leaflets saying that the Conservatives were doing nothing with the Market Square. Now they are saying that any attempts to improve the state of it would be a waste of tax payer's money.
Are they really so shallow to think such unprincipled behaviour will not be noticed. Do they have a genuine view on anything or will they always be prepared to sacrifice their principles to suit political needs?
Perhaps they are still sore because the Conservatives rejected their pedestrianisation proposals. The difference is that the decision not to go ahead was only made after consultation with the people of Saffron Walden. The response was clear - it was not wanted. An example of democracy in action I believe.
The idea put forward by Cllr Walters is encouraging and will have a positive impact on the Market Square and the town. It is a shame that the Lib Dems have to revert to the spread of negative political propaganda in something that is so significant for this town.
I am sure the people in Saffron Walden and its environs will not be fooled quite as easily as the Lib Dems would like.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 6 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
- 10 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
Jon Shatford, Copperfields, Saffron Walden